Monday, April 27, 2020

2020 Wildflower Virtual 50k

The Background

After running the Wildflower Virtual Marathon on Saturday, I decided to go for the Double Day wit the 50k on Sunday.  I had never run back-to-back races before, but my recovery time had been good since I started racing every week.  Before it would take 4 days to recover from a race but after the last couple I was okay after a day.   Mostly walking in between the races I'm sure helped overall.

The Race

I started off and my legs were good.  I decided on the 1.9 mile loop around my neighborhood streets, but did one loop to Forest Oaks Park so there would technically be some trail.

At this point, I'd settled into a rhythm for running 50ks.  I ran to 20 miles.  Walked 3.  Ran to marathon.  Walked two.  Ran it in.  Finished in under 7 hours.





Reflections

It was cool that I could run two races back-to-back.  If I do it in the future I'll need good training though I'm sure.

I'd been following the TROT Virtual Races Distance Leaderboard and this race put me in first place by 20 miles.  I'm a slow runner...most races I have no shot at the top.  It's fun to compete in this.  We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment