Monday, November 16, 2020

Hill Country Trivium Virtual Marathon

The Background

I'd been running a bit more consistently, despite a busy schedule.  Just 1.9 mile loops around the neighborhood, but I felt more in shape than at Freddy Yeti.  November 15 was the last day I could run the Hill Country Trivium Virtual Marathon.  

The Race

I felt good running in the cool weather at WG Jones State Forest.  By 15 miles, I was still in decent shape so I decided to try to make it running to 20.  20 miles had always been my standard training distance so this was a chance to do it.

By 18 miles, I had slowed to a 15 or 16-minue-a-mile shuffle.  Not much faster than power hiking, but I still ran to 20 miles.  I felt good about that.

I hiked the last 6.2 miles.  At one point I tried to run again but my legs were  done.

Reflections

I felt good after this marathon.  I like the medal.

Up next is the Possum King 50k.




No comments:

Post a Comment