Sunday, November 1, 2020

2020 Freddy Yeti Virtual 50k

The Background

I got busy, so a month passed between my last race, Release the Kraken 50k.  I did get in several short runs and a 14 miler, so I thought my fitness might be better than the last off-the-couch race.

The Race

I went back to WG Jones so I could socially distance on the wide trails.  Weather was cool.

I ran the first 12, then hit a wall.  I started to feel a bit bad physically and mentally.

I had dinner plans with Terri, so I needed to be home by 5:30pm.  That meant finishing in 8 hours, so it was good motivation for me to push it.  I hiked then threw in short runs of like a mile or so.  

At about 25 miles, I lost my car key!  My running shorts got torn up, so I was running in regular shorts.  My key feel out of my pocket when I got out my MP3 player, so I had to retrace my steps a mile and a half.  Luckily, I found it so I wouldn't be walking home.

I managed to finish in 7:57.

Reflections

A bit fitter for this race.  My goal for this short winter season is the Snowdrop 55 hour race, so I'll get as fit as I can.





No comments:

Post a Comment