Thursday, October 31, 2013

Cactus Rose DNF

I'll keep this short as I don't have the heart to write more.  Basically, during my attempt at the Cactus Rose 100, I felt a sharp pain in my right Achilles about 30 miles in.  This was a recurrence of the injury that had sidelined me for two weeks earlier in the season.  I tried to power hike on for another 15 miles but it became clear it wasn't getting any better.   Weighed my options of pushing through on a race that meant so much to me and doing further damage and decided to drop.

Since then, mostly I've rested and tried to get my mind of running for a while.  I did a Stairmaster session and there was little pain in the Achilles, so if this continues I may be back to running soon.  But I'll be sure to listen for any pain and not push it.

I'm trying to have some perspective.  There will be other races.  I was already signed up for the Bandera 100K and Rocky Raccoon 100 Mile, so if I heal I'll have these to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment