Saturday, June 13, 2020

2020 Mystery Marathon # 2

The Background

I had strained my back playing basketball with James.  It didn't feel super bad like a slipped disc, more like a muscle strain... I hoped.  

I gave it a few days to heal with an ice pack then decided to run.  I was going for the 100 miler, but my head was full of work stress.

The Race

My back felt very slight soreness at first, then I forgot about it.

I ran 10 miles at first, then decided to walk to pace myself for the 100 miler.

My head started to be full of work stress.  I decided no 100 miler today.  I thought about pulling out at 25k...I could register for the race and get credit.  But I thought that was complicated and weak.

So I plodded on, going for a marathon to make something of the day.  I ran I think a total of 16 miles, walked 10.  Slow, but a finish.  The pace didn't throw off my overall pace for the year.

Reflections

I need to work on managing my work-life balance and stress.  It's okay when I have a virtual race and can adjust goal, but for real races there is one shot.

After the race, I did some work and felt better.

I need to work on peace and serenity.

Still, the marathon finish was good.






No comments:

Post a Comment