Tuesday, May 26, 2020

2020 Mystery Marathon

The Background

After running Fit'Ness Taco 50k, I took a day to heal.  Wanting to compete in the virtual leaderboard, as I was now 64 miles off the lead, I decided to run the Mystery Marathon.  Marathon is a nice distance - just run 20, walk 3, then finish it off.  My kids were coming over later so I didn't have time to do more anyway.

The Race

It had been raining so it wasn't hot.  I started at 6:20 am. It sprinkled a tiny bit at one point but otherwise no rain.

There was a very slight soreness in my legs and ankles that quickly went away.

I put in the miles to 20, walked from 20-23, then ran it in.





Reflections

So far I'm holding up and over the strain from Brazos Bend 100k. The next morning I was only slightly sore.

I thought about the Jordan documentary, The Last Dance, and how Jordan consistently put in the effort.

Come Monday, I was 38 miles of the lead on the leaderboard.

I seem to be running consistent times.  My 50ks have been under 7 hours mostly and this was about the same time as Wildflower Marathon.  It's good to know when blocking out time to run and it makes me feel good I'm consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment